Civil Construction Inspector
Company: Confidential Company
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Civil Construction InspectorSeeking an experienced and ODOT
Pre-qualified individual for a Civil Construction Inspector role on
roadway and bridges projects located in the Northeast, Ohio area. -
A candidate for this position would work on-site from the field
office and would report to the project Construction Engineer. -
Primary project responsibilities include construction and materials
inspection, completing daily reports, and completing as directed
field documentation. -Basic Skills:
- Ability to recognize and solve problems logically in an
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction
drawings, specifications, and calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and
- Ability to adapt to a changing construction environment
- Ability to meet task deadlines.
- Understanding of general math, measurements, elevations,
fractions, unit conversions, basic geometry, basic
- Ability to work in active outdoor environment including periods
of inclement weather.
- Ability to lift more than 20 lbs.Technical Skills
- Strong ability to effectively use MS Office Products. Heavy
emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Ability to work electronically. The firm is a highly
technological company and performs most functions without the use
- Ability to adopt an already established management
- Read and understand the project specifications and plans.
- Ability to provide a thorough daily report and other
quality/quantity forms to company standards
- Perform full time construction inspection / quality
- Identify deficient work and coordinate with the contractor to
- Perform concrete testing if/when needed
- Perform activities such as measuring installed quantities,
taking project photographs, or providing other project
documentation for the Construction Engineer.
- Assistance with and/or attendance of various
- Must have an Ohio driver's license.
- Minimum of five years of experience as an inspector on
transportation projects, preferably ODOT projects.
- At a minimum, Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology,
Construction Engineering Technology, or Construction Management.
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Non-degreed candidates will be considered if one of the
following requirements are met:
- NICET Level II (Highway Construction Inspection
- Former ODOT Employee (HT3, HT4, HT5, TM1, TM2, TM3, or TA with
3200 hours of project technical experience evidenced within the
past 10 years.
- Local Public Agency Employee with at least 6400 hours of
relevant construction project technical experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong technology skills and the ability to quickly learn new
- Ability to travel throughout NE Ohio such as the Akron, Canton,
Youngstown, and Cleveland areasBenefits -
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance (Company Paid)
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Company provided/paid training
- Company Vehicle
- Company iPhone
- Company iPad
- Company Laptop
Keywords: Confidential Company, Cuyahoga Falls , Civil Construction Inspector, Professions , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!