Continuous Improvement Technician
Company: Associated Materials
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Associated Materials, is the parent company for leading residential
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 70 years in business, we
create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful
siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American
company-owned distributors.Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH,
Associated Materials has over 4000 employees across its U.S. and
Canadian manufacturing footprint and our extensive North American
distribution center network (120+ locations!). We are a charter
member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of
Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the
National Association of the Remodeling Industry.This combination of
established brand recognition, manufacturing capacity and
distribution reach makes for an exciting and rewarding employment
value proposition. Join us, and discover the next step in your
Directly responsible for the research, identification and data
collection related to change initiatives that will ensure a
sustained, long term operation. Identifies advanced improvement
processes or projects that will significantly impact organizational
objectives. Participate with management team members in continuous
improvement activities designed to improve efficiencies, reduce
cost and increase internal/external customer satisfaction in
manufacturing and operational processes.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Observe production operations as needed to measure current
capabilities and to determine current strengths and
- Assist in analyzing observations and data to help create a
better understanding of the current situation in relation to the
- Perform project work (manual or office labor) at the direction
of the C.I. Engineer that they have been assigned or the C.I.
- Observe production operations as needed to ensure project
improvements are meeting expectations.
- Meet with project stakeholders as directed / needed.
- Travel to AMI window production facilities as needed to perform
- Perform other duties at the direction of the C.I. Engineer that
they have been assigned or the C.I. Director.
- Executes AMI's objectives, meeting commitments and working
within the guidelines.COMPETENCIES:
- Thorough knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Process Management
- Above average skills with Microsoft suite of tools such as
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint,
- Ability to influence others and negotiate successfully,
communicate ideas and generate consensus.
- Excellent professional presentation and verbal communication
- Skilled at identifying customer needs and designing business
processes and solutions to meet internal/external customer
- Demonstrates innovative thinking and initiative in the
analysis, planning and development of projects.
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to motivate employees to achieve results
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail with strong organizational
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of related work experience is required.
- Window and/or door industry or other manufacturing experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials,
Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept
unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with
any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any
unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be
considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge
whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority
to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding
recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at
Keywords: Associated Materials, Cuyahoga Falls , Continuous Improvement Technician, Professions , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!