Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Applied Vision Corporation
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Title: Senior Electrical EngineerAbout UsApplied Vision
Corporation, a member of the Antares Vision Group, is a world
leader in providing machine vision inspection systems for the metal
and glass container industries. Propelled by a spirit of innovation
spanning more than three decades, Applied Vision continues to set
global standards for inspection solutions for can and bottle
manufacturers across the globe.Applied Vision has combined powerful
technology with ease of use to benefit our customers. Our patented
technology products, such as Genius--- and Cyclops--- provide a
full suite of food and beverage inside can and end inspections,
while our DecoMaster---, Orion G6---, and Mli products bring the
industry's most advanced decoration, color inspection, and
monitoring, all at full line speeds.Service And Support After The
Sale Consists OfBut we don't stop at the sale of a product.
Coupling the product technology with excellent after-sale service
and support has catapulted Applied Vision to be a leading provider
of vision inspection technology for the container industry.
- System installation and start-up
- Onsite training
- Champion training in a classroom setting at Applied Vision's
- Phone support with remote access to installed systems
- Spare parts sales
- System upgrades
- Site surveys, including system wellness checks
- Service agreements, including semi-annual preventive
- Extended maintenance agreementsOur world headquarters are
located in Akron, Ohio, and we maintain multiple international
offices to serve our customers in Africa, the Americas, Asia,
Australia, Europe, and The Middle East. Applied Vision: Simply
Smart Machines.---Job DescriptionThe ideal candidate will be a
highly motivated electronics person who has a passion for
innovative technology. They will be responsible for designing and
implementing electrical devices into systems. They will also help
in the manufacture of electrical products of all shapes and sizes.
They should be able to make quality assurance checks in order to
keep the product standard high. This position is headquartered in
Akron, OH, and will require the candidate to be present at our
location. No remote work.Primary Purpose of Position: Design and
develop electronics and electrical devices for the inspection of
food and beverage containers. This person is involved with all
aspects of the development cycle, from cradle to grave.This
position will report to the Electrical Engineering
Manager.Essential Function And Responsibilities
- Design PCBs with 2-12 layers with board frequencies ranging
from DC up to 500MHz (who knows what tomorrow will bring).
- Design some of the brightest and most unique LED-based
illumination sources in the industry.
- Design industrial wiring cabinets that need to survive in some
of the harshest environments around the globe.
- Design electro-mechanical assemblies that are required to have
a service life or 5+ years running nearly 24/7/365.
- Assist in the commercialization of new technology that most
people have not dreamt of.
- Design test fixtures and test procedures to ensure our products
are high quality and easy to manufacture.
- Assist in product compliance and quality testing to meet global
standards and regulations
- Occasional (up to 10%) travel (domestic and international)
- Comfortable working in, as well as learning, multiple
engineering and scientific disciplines as
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field, preferably
electronics engineering, electrical engineering, or computer
engineering, with 7-10 years of experience.
- Please be prepared to present some of your previous electrical
- Strong knowledge of PCB design and layout with QFNs, and
- Orcad Capture and Allegro PCB Editor experience is
- Strong troubleshooting skills with emphasis on mixed systems
composed of hardware, firmware, and software.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Hands-on PCB assembly and rework experience with both SMT and
TH are highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of AHDL, VHDL, and Verilog.
- Working knowledge of C and C++. Knowledge of embedded
microcontroller development is preferred but not required.
- Some knowledge of the CE/IEC directives related to EN 60204-1,
among others, is preferred but not required
- Familiar with Altera CPLDs and FPGAs including NIOS
- Familiar with Microchip PIC processors.
- Basic SolidWorks skills including electrical routing are
preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of optics, illumination, and digital
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate a passion for electronics
and electrical design.
- Mature, self-directed and responsible.Working ConditionsApplied
Vision is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are
and your creative ideas. Become part of a stable, fast-growing
company offering an excellent work environment, great colleagues,
room for advancement, and the opportunity to travel.We also offer
benefits (medical, vision, dental, disability insurance, and life
insurance) as well as 401K, 9 paid holidays, vacation, sick days,
and an onsite workout facility.This job operates in a professional
environment. In this role, the employee will routinely use standard
office equipment such as computers, desk phones, photocopiers, etc.
The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, and walk
with the ability to lift 20 pounds where applicable.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature of work
performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified.Employment TypeFull-timeSalary will be dependent on
experienceEmployment Type: Full TimeYears Experience: 5 - 10
Keywords: Applied Vision Corporation, Cuyahoga Falls , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!