Shipping Supervisor - 1st Shift
Company: Associated Materials
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Associated Materials, a federally designated essential business, is
the parent company for leading residential building product brands
such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a
legacy of over 70 years in business, we create, develop,
manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and
more throughout our network of North American company-owned
Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, Associated Materials has over
4000 employees across its U.S. and Canadian manufacturing footprint
and our extensive North American distribution center network (120+
locations!). We are a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute,
the American Association of Architects, the National Association of
Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling
This combination of established brand recognition, manufacturing
capacity and distribution reach makes for an exciting and rewarding
employment value proposition. Join us, and discover the next step
in your career journey.
- Responsible for the accurate, timely and safe loading of all
outbound products from the Central plant to end user customers, as
well as sister plants.
- Previous position in a high stakes, fast paced environment
related to shipping, storage of goods, truck audits, packaging and
movement of materials within the plant.
- Ship all products, as scheduled, ON TIME and safely, following
determined KPI's for success related to delivery, cost and
- Ensure product arrives at the end user customer in perfect
condition, while creating and running reports to measure daily
success against metrics and budget.
- Ability to follow instructions, watch the smallest details,
train staff, problem solve and work with manufacturing daily.
- Supervise shipping dock safely and efficiently.
- Ensure load compliance to daily schedule is followed in a
- Train staff on all shipping duties as required.
- Be accountable for results, good and bad, on the dock under
- Audit trucks and shipments to ensure all have met AMI's high
- Maintain order on the dock in a fast paced environment.
- Handle all functions related to dock staff, attendance and
- Generate daily management reports addressing KPI's related to
- Engage at all levels senior management with presentations and
reports as required.
- Transportation & Supply Chain
- Customer Service Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in
Transportation, Logistics or related field.
- Fluent with all MS Windows based applications, as well as
ability to learn proprietary systems.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience with at least 1 year of
experience being in a supervisory capacity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any
of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited
resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any
published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited
information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered
as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only
members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or
authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting
services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials
#Indeed - Associated
Keywords: Associated Materials, Cuyahoga Falls , Shipping Supervisor - 1st Shift, Professions , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!