Senior Network Support Specialist
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Under the direction of the NEOnet Executive Director, the Senior
Network Support Specialist is responsible for installation,
maintenance and upgrades of specific core NEOnet systems and
administration of delivered services to educational entities
associated with NEOnet. This job has a FLSA status of Exempt.
- Administration of server hardware provisioning and
- Monitoring, configuration, design and management of wireless
and local area networks.
- The application of systems analysis techniques and procedures,
including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or
system functional specifications.
- Monitoring, configuration, design and management of wide area
- Monitoring, configuration, design and management of VoIP hosted
- Monitoring and administration of centralized storage networks
- Provide installation, administration and end user support
including but not limited to network trouble shooting, wireless,
web filtering, authentication, VoIP and hosted firewall
- Install, configure and administer new hardware and software
solutions as required.
- Developing comprehensive project plans as well as managing
projects to completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the NEOnet Executive
Director. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum five years of experience with design, administration
and support of Cisco, or equivalent, wireless, switch and firewall
- Minimum five years of experience with Cisco VoIP, or
equivalent, design, administration and support.
- Minimum five years of experience with administration and
support of a centralized storage area network, protocols and
- Working knowledge of SQL database design and
- Ability to read and understand software documentation.
- Ability to work cooperatively and harmoniously with many
individuals of varying backgrounds and to handle information
professionally and confidentially.
- Ability to organize tasks into a logical and purposeful
- Provide problem-solving initiative, cultivate resources
available from other OECN sites, the Ohio Department of Education,
and associated commercial vendors. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of two year degree in Computer Science or
- Professional certification in related areas. QUALIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common
scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal
documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
from staff members and clients, regulatory agencies, or members of
the business community. Ability to write reports. Ability to
effectively present information to top management, public groups,
and/or boards of directors.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently
is required to reach with hands and arms, talk, or hear. The
employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste and smell. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee may occasionally be expected to move and/or
lift 100 pounds or move but may obtain assistance or use equipment
and carts to facilitate these tasks. Specific vision abilities by
this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee frequently works near moving, mechanical parts and is
frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of
electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate to occasionally loud.
The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or nonprescribed
controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her
employment in the Council.
Keywords: NEOnet, Cuyahoga Falls , Senior Network Support Specialist, Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...