Intern - Information Security (SPRING)
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: September 22, 2022
An IT Security Analyst develops and executes security controls,
defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or
external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data,
e-commerce and web-based systems. This associate researches
attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and
designs countermeasures. In addition, you will maintain hardware
and software utilized for data creation, collection and analysis.
Your work may be internal or external, client-focused, working in
conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing
- This internship opportunity will begin January 9, 2023
- Our intention is to have interns work on-site in Conway,
Arkansas if possible. However, your internship could be a hybrid
method or fully remote.
- 20-25/week during the semester, and 40 hours/week work
dedication during summer and breaks
- Anticipated graduation date between August 2023- December
- Applicants for this internship position with Acxiom in the U.S.
must have work authorization that does not now or in the future
require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the
United States and with Acxiom (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (CPT/OPT),
TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Review activities (concerning new security hardware and
software infrastructure components or enhancements to existing
solutions): research, analysis, selection, planning, and
- Learn and gain exposure to methodologies to implement new and
emerging security hardware and software infrastructure, perform
product customization for multiple configurations, developed
implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful
enterprise-wide security systems hardware/software
- Learn infrastructure analysis, and evaluation on resource
requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels or
tune for optimum performance
- Learn how critical incidents involving multiple enterprise
services and components are resolved
- Review and provide feedback on changes for purposes of incident
- Learn how to analyze problems and solution alternatives.
Recommend the best alternatives and implement upon approval.WHAT
YOU WILL NEED:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Computer
Science, Cybersecurity or Management Information Systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to
- Timely, effective communication using multiple channels;
excellent written and verbal communication skillsWHAT YOU WILL SET
- Basic system development concepts, algorithms, and malware
- Knowledge of network device functions, such as routers,
- Basic knowledge of possible attack activities, such as scans,
man in the middle, sniffing, DoS, DDoS, etc and possible abnormal
activities, such as worms, Trojans, viruses, etc.
- Foundational knowledge of security operations, incident
analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or
testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or
firewall administration.WHO ARE WE SEEKING?
- Top Talent & High Performers: We hire the brightest in the
- Innovative Collaborators: We drive operational improvements to
promote efficiency and improve performance.
- Future Leaders: We develop our people and promote from
- Game Changers: We empower people to challenge the status quo
and explore new possibilities.
- Emotional Intelligence: We cultivate greatness both within
ourselves and with others.
- Hardworking Employees: We look for initiative to conquer
complex challenges.We believe in building an awesome workplace
where associates feel highly motivated and want to engage every
single day. It's important to Acxiom that we invest in our culture
and promote a healthy work-life balance. Acxiom has a fast paced,
high-performance culture where we empower our people to do
innovative, cutting-edge work. You will always be guided to do what
is right.Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in
recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of
associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's
race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected
veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics
or other protected status.
Keywords: Acxiom, Cuyahoga Falls , Intern - Information Security (SPRING), Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!