Experienced Cake Decorator
Company: Giant Eagle
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Job Summary $1000 New Hire Bonus! Ask Human Resource
Representative for details.Our Cake Decorator is a key player in
making sure our pastries look and taste amazing. In addition to
providing unparalleled guest service, you'll create beautiful and
delicious art for our guests and provide the sweets that will be
the hit of their parties. As a Team Member, you'll be part of a
team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our
customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
As a member of the Bakery team, your primary responsibility will be
preparing and decorating the products and cakes in the department
to ensure only the freshest are available. To thrive in this
position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only
successful when those around you are set up for success. You are
eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your
career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around
you. You are creative with cuisine and love to help others foster
their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the
surface for you - you're passionate about the business, the trends
and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a
simple "what's for dinner?" and every opportunity to connect with
people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of
the trade. Our Cake Decorators are the cream of the crop and must
ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible
food and our passion for providing it at every turn. Job
- Experience Required: Satisfactory completion of job specific
skills assessment; 6 to 12 months experience or successful
completion of the Giant Eagle Apprenticeship program
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Fill tables and cases with cakes by taking product from prep
area to sales area.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Apply merchandising principles that will help to generate sales
as well as WOW the guest.
- Take special orders from guests over the telephone and in
- Maintain quality of product for sale by checking sales area for
dates and condition of product.
- Document and/or record daily known loss.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and
ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge
to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion
for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor,
etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Prepare and decorate product for the Bakery cases and displays,
rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed
and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency
procedures, cleanups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to
ensure department standards are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure
the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain department procedures, daily setups, order taking,
understanding copyright policies and proper product rotation.
- Constantly stay on top of new product knowledge and procedures,
such as product information by category, special orders, cake
program, portion control, seasonal items and mixing colors.
- Ice and decorate cakes by taking prepared icing and applying to
cake using spatulas and icing bags.
- Prepare icing and products for all cakes and other decorated
items by reading recipes, measuring ingredients, and mixing
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer
efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Operate department equipment, including mixers, scales,
airbrush gun, knives, cut gloves and personal protective equipment
- Assist in other areas as required. About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of
the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our
GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we
are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Cuyahoga Falls , Experienced Cake Decorator, Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!