Outpatient Clinical Care Assistant
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: May 7, 2022
- Obtains vital signs, height and weight as directed.
- Collects patient specimens and prepares specimens appropriately
for transport to labs.
- Prepares patient for exams, tests and special procedures and
assists with exams and treatments as applicable.
- Completes the rooming process, to include but not limited to:
review of medications, updating allergies, identifying pain level
and asking regulatory screening questions.
- Identifies, documents and reports changes to RN and or MD.
- Assists with indirect patient care.
- Performs patient treatments as directed, to include: the
application of heat or cold, simple sterile dressing changes,
measures, applies changes and removing of casts, braces and
- Repairs cast and apply and instruct patients in the use of
- Removes dressings, sutures, & staples.
- Stocks supplies and linens as applicable. Cleans and restocks
dressing supply cart, checks emergency carts, empties needle boxes
using appropriate safety measures.
- Maintains all designated work areas in a clean and orderly
- Assists in Regulatory and safety monitoring and compliance
audits as directed.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to promote
the delivery of patient care and the overall functioning of the
- Participates in department meetings and performs duties in an
independent and assertive manner under the direction of an RN and
- Initiates CPR and other emergency measures as required.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned,
including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and follow oral and
- Understanding of human anatomy sufficient to perform job
- Knowledge and understanding of basic patient care
- Basic knowledge of math.
- Additional formal training /education may substitute some or
all stated experience. Certifications:
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires good interpersonal skills to interact with all staff,
patients and family members.
- Requires strong organizational skills to set priorities,
organize work activities and complete assigned work.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- Minimum two years recent patient care experience in a hospital
or ambulatory setting preferred.
- Proficient in the use of an electronic medical record
preferred. Physical Requirements:
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves
extensive standing and walking.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Personal
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cuyahoga Falls , Outpatient Clinical Care Assistant, Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!