Company: The Steelastic Company, LLC
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: January 12, 2022
THE STEELASTIC COMPANY, L.L.C. For over 50 years, Steelastic
which is based in Akron, North East Ohio, has been a leading
manufacturer and innovator of specialist capital equipment to
service the needs of the global tire industry. We have over 900
systems operating in more than 55 countries around the world. Our
customers include all the multinational tire companies, and most of
the top independent tire companies in the world. We pride ourselves
on being customer focused, market driven with a culture that
encourages creative thinking and innovation. Our team is empowered
to be responsible and proactive in their everyday activities,
strive for and achieve excellence in all aspects of their work. We
never compromise on our environmental, health and safety
responsibilities.\nThis position is a member of the Machine Shop. -
The machinist will report directly to the Operations Manager. -
Primary Responsibilities -Safety
- Puts safety first above all else.
- Works safely and assesses all situations before
- Keeps work area clean and free from hazards
- Stays current on all training requirements
- Uses guarding provided and does all necessary pre-work
- Machine product to required specification
- Must have the ability to read & process 2-d detail prints.
- Set-up and operate CNC mills and/or lathes to produce a product
that meets or exceeds design specifications.
- Create and document straight forward programs, where needed.
Record proper set-up documentation
- Inspection and documentation
- Inspection of in-process product is required. Ensure product
- Adjust machine tools to meet specifications.
- When required, document measurements on inspection sheets
- Knowledge of machine tools, equipment, materials, and
- Can setup and run previously run jobs in work centers that they
are familiar with, whether the work center is a lathe, mill,
grinder, or other piece of equipment.
- Has a working knowledge of conventional machining
- Knows how to use traditional inspection equipment such as
height gages, dial indicators, micrometers, and calipers.
- Strive for Steelastic excellence
- Increase product knowledge, try new ideas and machining
techniques, strive for a better and/or faster way of doing a job
and train on any piece of equipment that they are capable of
- Have a good attitude, start work on time, perform good
housekeeping, communicate with others, be aware of his/her area and
other's safety, be a good team member,
- Always be looking to be more efficient by running multiple work
centers at the same time when and where possible and work in other
departments such as fabrication or assembly if requested
Keywords: The Steelastic Company, LLC, Cuyahoga Falls , Machinist, Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!