Purchasing Coordinator - Located in Brimfield, OH
Company: Hess Printing Solutions
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Job Title: Purchasing Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Purchasing Manager
Manage all customer paper inventory levels, and reporting. Build
and maintain direct relationships with customer Paper Buyers and
respective departments. Provide seamless back up for all aspects of
procurement and paper production needs (paper procurement,
operating supplies, and outsourcing needs). Manage press/paper
production needs and react to the ever-changing dynamic schedule,
with special attention to accuracy and communication. Monitor all
paper and supply orders, confirming and communicating expedited or
delayed deliveries to respective departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Find and qualify vendors based on the objective requirements
for quality, price, and service.
- Adhere to sound Purchasing practices and acceptable contract
- Interpret profit/loss information from a material cost
- Track and account for materials costs on the job, and other
basis required by management.
- Coordinate the effective communication of job information to
include job schedule, job processing instructions, raw materials,
and distribution information.
- Perform on-site job approval where required to ensure customer
requirements are adhered to.
- Troubleshoot and negotiate any quality related credits in a
method to protect SOH and the end customer.
- Maintain FSC/SFI and PEFC records in accordance with
certification needs, while remaining current with changes to
- Maintain Paper Claims and Reporting.
- Provide communication to receiving departments for all
- Process receivers to accounts payable, confirming
- Monitor all Paper Transactions (confirm correct paper on exact
repeat titles and enter correct paper on new titles) Accuracy is
- Process press schedule confirming correct paper is available
for jobs currently scheduled on press. (Finalize job tickets)
- Correct unreported paper consumption from presses.
- Track paper and supplies furnished to outsource vendors.
- Backup to Purchasing Manager for paper procurement and
operating supplies and outsource needs.
- Plan slitting needs, provide PO to Slitting Department, and
maintain appropriate paperwork.
- Monitor customer inventory levels, (order and plan JIT
deliveries, when possible, based on production schedule) Perform
special projects as assigned.
- Special attention to meeting customer needs with accurate and
- Other Duties as assigned.
- The ability to negotiate contracts.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to handle many issues,
items, and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple
items in prioritized sequence.
- Demonstrate the ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve
them as scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing
requirements and schedules.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to maintain strict
financial controls through the issue of purchase orders and the
reconciliation of receiving documents and inventory control data
- Demonstrate the ability to create and maintain a favorable
rapport with vendors, which can be used in a beneficial manner such
as obtaining consideration on jobs with a more cost or time
- Demonstrate the ability to work with multiple departments
simultaneously to achieve the timing needed to outsource materials
and services in a manner which meets SOH schedules.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the printing process including but not
- Film/File and plate preparation
- Color separations and prep
- Sheetfed and Web press operations
- Cutting and folding operations
- Die cutting, foil stamping, embossing, coating and
- Binding and finishing methods and operations
- Demonstrate knowledge of the attributes of paper types, and
- Cover stocks by brand and equivalent grades for various types
including gloss coated, cast coated, uncoated, premium, economy,
- Text and book stocks by brand and equivalent grades for various
types including gloss, dull, matte-wash, blade coated, uncoated
offset, vellum, smooth, opaque, calendared, and
- Specialty papers by brand and equivalent grades for various
types including linen, laid, flannel, etc.
- Light weight stocks including news, UVII, financial
- Consistently demonstrate proficiency and understanding in the
- Purchase Orders.
- Job Tickets
- Inventory Tracking Systems.
- Non-conforming Material Reports.
- Error Reports.
- Quality Manual.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- English proficiency.
- Proficiency with standard PC based programs such as Excel,
Word, and Power Point.
- Mathematics skills including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division of whole numbers and fractions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate of Arts degree or equivalent from a two-year college
or university; minimum of five years’ experience in the printing
industry preferable from a Web Press environment.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals professional journals, technical procedures, or
government regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from top management,
managers, or customers. Ability to respond to common inquiries or
complaints from executives, managers, suppliers, or customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to interpret bar
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve problems and deal with
several concrete and abstract variables.
(The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.) Light physical
activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an
administrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to do keyboard
data entry. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach and handle file
folders and manuals. Ability to talk and hear. Close-up vision
required. Quiet working environment, generally only noise level
associated with computers, printers and light office traffic. Less
than 25% of time spent can be spent in the manufacturing facility
with exposure to chemicals and noise.
Keywords: Hess Printing Solutions, Cuyahoga Falls , Purchasing Coordinator - Located in Brimfield, OH, Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!