Patient Service Specialist
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Details Provides a comprehensive, proactive, and "Patients
First" experience for our patients and visitors. Demonstrates
outstanding customer service skills and uses evolving technology to
manage a wide range of patient requests including appointment
scheduling, patient registration, way-finding, answering general
questions and meeting needs. Always represents Cleveland Clinic in
a professional, caring and helpful manner. Ensures stellar and
efficient patient experience while reducing financial loss and
- Professionally investigates, triages, and resolves patient
issues using the established HEART Model, ensuring patient's visit
is an outstanding experience. Proactively assists patients to
minimize patient issues.
- Creates a welcoming and professional environment for our
patients and visitors by demonstrating exceptional customer service
based upon the expected service behaviors included in Cleveland
Clinic's START with Heart model.
- Proactively manages needs of patients and visitors in our
waiting areas, seeking opportunities to interact with patients by
actively greeting patients when appropriate, resolving patient
issues and providing service recovery.
- Performs patient registration, pre-visit, insurance
verification, scheduling, arrival desk and/or departure desk
activities according to standards and guidelines ensuring accuracy
and an outstanding patient experience.
- Performs point of service activities: visit preparation, co-pay
collection, patient tracking and record tracking ensuring accuracy
and an outstanding patient experience.
- Facilitates billing functions, accurately meeting compliance
and organizational quality and productivity standards.
- Enters and maintains confidential and accurate patient
information including patient insurance, billing, and payment
- Encourages patient utilization of front-end technology,
provides guidance, encouragement, education and hands-on
- Supports front-end technology utilization to promote
understanding and comfort level in use by caregivers and
- Recruits, enrolls, and educates patients on MyChart and
Appointment Pass impacting utilization rates and enhancing the
- Processes the workflow for the day.
- Supports and participates in process improvement efforts.
- Performs telephone triage.
- Follows standards and guidelines for telephones etiquette and
service when interacting with patients over the phone.
- Generates staff provider reschedules.
- Relays staff messaging.
- Performs screening and scheduling of interpreter services.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with clinical staff,
i.e. providers, nurses and other support staff.
- Supports and adheres to compliance policies and
- May participate on committees and have a role in other
- May participate in patient outreach activities such as
proactive patient calls to assist with health maintenance and care
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to perform basic math sufficient to process insurance
- Working knowledge of PC window applications sufficient to input
and retrieve data.
- Ability to partner with others as needed to trouble shoot and
resolve general technology issues
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute (assessed
at time of application) or demonstrable personal computer keyboard
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- A desire and commitment to provide the highest level of
satisfaction in quality service, caring and compassion to patients,
their families and visitors.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
in order to successfully communicate with a diverse patient
population and workforce.
- High level of customer service experience, exemplary
interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and
families in a wide variety of sensitive situations.
- Interest in learning new technology and troubling shooting to
resolve minor technical issues.
- Easily adapts to changing technology, policies, procedures and
- Demonstrated interest in process improvement or adopting new
processes and or technology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret medical
- Critical thinking, decisive judgment, and ability to work
independently with minimal supervision in an often hectic
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills,
ability to exercise judgment to triage issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to switch from one task to another
successfully in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Minimum two years of patient registration, appointment
scheduling, insurance processing or customer service/concierge
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer
services and conflict resolution.
- Associate's Degree may substitute for one year of
- Bachelor's Degree may substitute for the experience
- Dexterity sufficient to operate a PC and other office
- Requires extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Must be able to navigate various locations and function in a
fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cuyahoga Falls , Patient Service Specialist, Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!