Medical Assistant Family Medicine
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Job Details Utilizes medical and administrative skills to
provide support to patients and health care staff under the
supervision of a physician or nurse.
Family Medicine and Express Care opportunities available.
Express Care is open from 6am-9:00pm - The express care Medical
Assistants float between 2 or more locations as needed.
- Assists with performing screening and treatments by gathering
information related to health maintenance, collecting specimens and
documenting patient care.
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately
identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition.
Administers specific medications under direction of provider.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering,
stocking, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Assists in pre-visit planning by updating the health
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned,
including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an approved Medical Assisting Program.
(As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee)
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic
(68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Completion of a clinical externship. (Extensive clinical
experience may be considered in lieu of formal clinical
- MA Certification preferred.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Successful completion of CC Externship preferred.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a
production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be
and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of
force exerted is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cuyahoga Falls , Medical Assistant Family Medicine, Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!