Sales Manager - Furniture
Company: Big Lots
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Primarily responsible for developing and leading a dynamic
furniture team and driving top-line furniture sales. Accountable
for the furniture departments overall performance, including
furniture merchandising, presentation, and recovery standards, as
well as for furniture sales metrics. Works collaboratively with
store leadership to accomplish operational goals and tasks to help
drive overall store performance. When serving as Manager on Duty,
leads and provides direction to store associates performing all
cashiering, customer service, recovery, and furniture-related
activities on the sales floor.
1. Leads and directs the activities of the furniture department and
is responsible for the operational performance of the department,
including furniture sales and related processes, customer service,
and merchandising and presentation standards.
2. Provides clear work direction and coaching to furniture sales
team members regarding all aspects of the sales process, including
merchandising and presentation standards, new product information,
competing product comparisons, cashiering, lease to purchase, price
holds, and display assembly.
3. Participates in the interviewing, selection, hiring, and
training of associates in collaboration with store leadership. May
complete performance evaluations as directed.
4. Assists customers with product information, selection, and
purchase and ensures third party delivery program is marketed to
customers and understood by associates.
5. Manages the price hold process, including weekly audits.
6. Maintains furniture department inventory, including cycle
counts, in an effort to maximize sales and inventory turn.
7. Identifies furniture display needs in sufficient time to allow
displays to be built and merchandising standards to be
8. Develops plans for furniture department coverage during special
9. Strives to continually improve the furniture departments sales
and ensures merchandising and presentation standards, signage,
recovery, and cleanliness are maintained.
10. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed. When serving in
this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates
and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service
standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation,
signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience
and ensures resolution of customer issues. This may include opening
and closing the store on a limited basis.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum three years retail sales experience including people
3. Demonstrated furniture merchandising and sales skills
4. Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation,
and interpersonal skills required.
5. Strong customer service, decision-making, and problem resolution
6. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off
store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long
periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual
7. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 hours
per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
8. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Keywords: Big Lots, Cuyahoga Falls , Sales Manager - Furniture, Other , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!