Company: Apex Dermatology and Skin Surgery Center LLC
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Job Description MEDICAL ASSISTANT- FLOATFull Time$16-$19 Hourly
Non-Exempt If you have a passion for helping others and want to
help to transform lives through healthy skin, consider pursuing a
career as a Medical Assistant. Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery
Center is a rapidly growing, skincare facility that empowers
employees to deliver exceptional patient experiences. Our core
values are a strong commitment to delivering an exceptional patient
experience, prompt access to care, including same-day appointments,
and service and education to the community. Apex Medical Assistants
are responsible for administrative as well as clinical tasks while
providing exceptional customer service to our patients! Ideal
candidates have excellent multi-tasking abilities, analytical
skills, and ability to work as a team member, and are
well-organized with strong attention to detail. This is a full-time
hourly position located throughout our Northeast Ohio Locations.
Visit https://www.apexskin.com/employment-opportunities/ to apply.
- One year of Medical Assisting experience preferred
- Travel to multiple locations required
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records software
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Medical Assisting Certificate or Diploma preferred
- Required Tuberculosis testing and Flu vaccination
documentation. Essential Functions
- Performs clerical tasks such as checking patients in, and
scheduling appointments in person, by email, or by telephone.
- Prepares exam rooms according to scheduled procedures, escorts
patient to the exam room, obtains a short history and medication
list then takes vitals.
- Transcribes the entire visit and assures documentation of
patient care is compliant.
- Assist physician with surgical procedures then educate the
patient after the physician establishes a treatment plan to ensure
proper use of medications and their responsibility for compliance
with the treatment.
- Cleans and disinfects the exam room after patient visits.
- Performs clerical tasks such as scheduling appointments and
follow-up appointments, maintaining and following up with patient
biopsy results, answering phones, and scanning documents into the
medical records system.
- Monitor and complete lab documents, biopsy and culture book,
telephone encounters, and team task box within the EMR.
- Assists with autoclave procedures and quality controls.
Physical Requirements Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
- Frequently standing, sitting, and walking.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle, feel, and
- Required to lift moderate weights (20-50 pounds)
- Required vision abilities include distance vision, ability to
adjust and focus.
- Frequent speaking and hearing. What we offer
- Paid Training
- Monday through Friday Schedule (half Saturday once a month at
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays and major holidays off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability, and a
- Discounts on Apex dermatology services and products
- Travel, sporting events, concerts, movies, other leisure
discounts, and more! Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Apex complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: Apex Dermatology and Skin Surgery Center LLC, Cuyahoga Falls , MEDICAL ASSISTANT-FLOAT, Healthcare , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!