Radiology Interventional Specialist
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: January 11, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Part Time (16 hours per week), M-F includes CALL for evenings,
weekends and holidays
The IR technologist is responsible for operating all imaging
devices including the x-ray units, Siemens Artis-Q angiography unit
with cone-beam CT, Toshiba biplane angiography unit, ultrasound, as
well as supplementary equipment such as Angiojet, EKOS, and
contrast power injector. Every procedure has a selected pull list
of items used for the case which the IR technologist is responsible
for sterile preparation, and assisting the radiologist during the
procedure, donning sterile attire and being hands-on for each case,
including being able to anticipate the needs of the provider for
each procedure. The technologist is responsible for all lab
inventory management and control, and database entry including EPIC
documentation and supply billing.
- Provide quality medical imaging using X-ray, ultrasound, CT,
fluoroscopy, cone-beam CT, and Digital Subtraction Angiography for
each interventional procedure.
- Must be competent in the procedures in Interventional Radiology
including those listed on the ARRT website for Vascular
- Identifies and has extensive knowledge of the application and
technical aspects of all equipment and supplies used for
interventional radiology procedures.
- Serves as a support person for anesthesia or the sedation team
during the procedure.
- Works closely with the IR nurse to coordinate each patient
ensuring a standard workflow between cases.
- When circulating procedures, assist in positioning of patient,
provide accurate care and handling of specimens and provide proper
supplies requested by the IR provider.
- Communicates in a positive manner with the patient and family
members throughout the procedure.
- Demonstrates advanced decision-making skills in problem
identification and resolution.
- Performs post-procedure teaching, including discharge
instructions and follow-up care when applicable.
- Responsible to take call and demonstrates the ability to
perform all functions required after hours in emergent and urgent
- Maintains accurate and complete records of procedures
performed, including complications.
- Demonstrates professional growth by maintaining education and
professional requirements. Technical Expertise
- Must be experienced in sterile technique while preparing and
performing interventional procedures
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or allied health program
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program
- Licensed Ohio Radiologic Technologist
- Years of relevant experience: 3 years preferred.
- Certification: BLS is required. ACLS and PALS certified or be
able to obtain certification within one year is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Position: ALLIED HEALTH RAD
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Cuyahoga Falls , Radiology Interventional Specialist, Healthcare , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!