Commodity Manager - Indirect Products & Services
Company: Associated Materials
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Associated Materials, is the parent company for leadingresidential
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Alpine
andPreservation. With a legacy of 75 years in business, we
create,develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful
siding, windows and morethroughout our network of North American
Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, Associated Materials has over
4000 employees across its U.S. and Canadian manufacturing footprint
and our extensive North American distribution center network (120+
locations!). We are a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute,
the American Association of Architects, the National Association of
Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling
This combination of established brand recognition, manufacturing
capacity and distribution reach makes for an exciting and rewarding
employment value proposition. Join us, and discover the next step
in your career journey.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement - Indirect, the Commodity
Manager role is designed for the procurement professional with a
strategic vision to implement broad organizational goals within the
concept of Total Cost of Ownership while operating across multiple
product lines and facilities.Under limited direction this position
is responsible for targeting the best total cost products and
services in specified commodities, providing leadership in supplier
management, project management, the consolidation of suppliers and
processes, cultivating supplier relationships, issue resolution and
managing service level agreements for its' stake holders.
- Improve the total value procured from the Indirect supply base
by leading standardization and consolidation solutions across
various entities in in North America.
- With assistance of cross divisional, cross functional team,
develop and implement metrics, which objectively demonstrate
success for each cost center and P&L affected and scorecard
- Develop supplier negotiation plans
- Plan and negotiate short and long-term contracts with favorable
impact on inventory goals, quality, continuity of supply, and
corporate cost objectives.
- Developing and achieving short and long-range operational
objectives by maximizing cost savings while keeping in mind Total
Cost of Ownership.
- Take ownership of key spend areas, implementing controls and
procedures to support, and driving cost conscious culture
- Partner with all levels of leadership cross-functionally to
build impactful, efficient, and cost-effective business and vendor
- Monitor and analyze trends and market conditions for the
present and future pricing, availability and capacity of goods and
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and make
recommendations for future investments while identifying possible
- Understand the need for change management with an eye to the
process of change rather than change all at onceDAY-TO-DAY
- Select and maintain suppliers to support manufacturing and
corporate procurement requirements.
- Develop formal Commodity Strategies to align short-, medium-,
and long-term goals align with the needs of the business.
- Maintain appropriate vendor files and reports as required.
- Address Accounts Payable issues when escalated.
- Perform Supplier Risk Assessments to ensure new potential
suppliers are viable and existing suppliers remain viable
- Create total cost and "should" cost models and lead make/buy
- Timely communication of commodities pricing trends and market
updates affecting supply.
- Accurate and timely procurement in compliance with contractual
service level metrics
- Review pricing and service charge exceptions
- Contract management and compliance
- Handles monthly reporting for various corporate service
- Manufacturing/Distribution Operations
- Human Resources
- Customer Service
- Product Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Purchasing/Supply Chain
Management, Finance or Engineering.
- 5 plus years proven experience in Purchasing. Experience in
developing strategies to effectively lead and consolidate
fragmented spend categories is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be familiar with negotiations and constructing formal
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams in both plant
and corporate environments.
- At a minimum, intermediate MS Excel skills are required.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Demonstrated abilities to implement process change improvements
and best practices.
- CPM or APICS a plus.
Keywords: Associated Materials, Cuyahoga Falls , Commodity Manager - Indirect Products & Services, Executive , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!