Firmware / Hardware Engineer
Company: Applied Vision Corporation
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated electronics person
who has a passion for innovative technology. They will join a
multi-disciplinary team for designing and implementing electrical
systems. This person is involved with the conceptual design, design
analysis, overseeing hardware (analog, digital, embedded firmware,
schematics, board layout), defining and executing qualification and
testing plans as well as project management. Successful candidates
will work in a team environment with opportunities to acquire
increasing levels of responsibility. This position is headquartered
in Akron, OH, and will require the candidate to be present at our
location. No remote work.
Primary Purpose of Position: Work on development activities
including concept development, hardware design, component
selection, programming, schematic design, board layout, product
integration testing, and manufacturing readiness. This position
will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager.
Essential Function And Responsibilities
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical
designs for various product lines.
- Programming of microcontrollers or FPGAs to collect data from
various sensors via serial or parallel communication protocols
- Determine hardware and system requirements for embedded systems
applied to vision systems.
- Write code to test the controller and enable functionality as
required for the purpose of the design.
- Confer with customers, engineers, and others to build and
refine engineering products or projects.
- Perform design and code reviews to ensure our products are high
quality and easy to manufacture.
- Assist in product compliance and quality testing to meet global
standards and regulations
- Occasional (up to 10%) travel (domestic and international)
- Comfortable working in, as well as learning, multiple
engineering and scientific disciplines as needed
- BS or MS degree in a technology-related field - electronics
engineering, electrical engineering, or computer engineering, with
5 -10 years of experience.
- Experience with CAE tools including schematic capture, analog /
digital simulation, and integrated development environments
- Orcad Capture and Allegro PCB Editor experience is a plus.
- Familiar with Altera CPLDs, FPGAs including NIOS development,
and Microchip PICs.
- Proven track record in a product development environment, with
embedded microcontrollers, and analog and digital circuit
- Knowledge of embedded microcontroller development and working
knowledge of C and C++.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with emphasis on mixed systems
composed of hardware, firmware, and software.
- Hands-on PCB assembly and rework experience with both SMT and
TH are highly desirable.
- Some knowledge of the CE/IEC directives related to EN 60204-1,
among others, is preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of optics, illumination, and digital
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate a passion for electronics
and electrical design.
- Mature, self-directed and responsible.
Applied Vision is a place where you are celebrated for the person
you are and your creative ideas. Come be part of a stable,
fast-growing company offering an excellent work environment, great
colleagues, room for advancement, and the opportunity to
We also offer comprehensive benefits (medical & dental) as well as
401k, profit sharing, paid holidays, vacation, sick days, and an
onsite workout facility.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They
are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 Annual
Keywords: Applied Vision Corporation, Cuyahoga Falls , Firmware / Hardware Engineer, Engineering , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!