Before After School Lead Teacher (RFT)
Company: Akron Area YMCA
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: January 16, 2023
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit,
charitable organization committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility. General administration of Before and After School
Enrichment (BASE), Summer Day Camp, Fun & Snow Day programs. This
position works directly with support staff to ensure all programs
meet and exceed expectations. The Lead Teacher will incorporate
caring, honesty, faith, respect and responsibility into all aspects
of the program.
- Create a vibrant cause-centered culture for children and
- LEAD: Classroom staff, children and volunteers and understand
- CREATE: Plan and implement weekly lesson plans that are aligned
to curriculum and State of Ohio standards. Lesson plans must be
turned in and approved weekly.
- Maintain child and classroom assessments and screenings. Must
have an understanding and be able to communicate curriculum,
standards, assessments and screenings to a state licensing
- Maintain accurate records for licensing, USDA & other funding
- INNOVATE: Create an environment that is welcoming and meets all
requirements set forth by the Ohio Department of Job and Family
Services and Step Up to Quality programs.
- INCLUDE: Provides all children with activities that are
age-appropriate, engaging, diverse and educational. Guides
children's behavior utilizing appropriate behavior management
- COLLABORATE: Work with site staff to maintain the cleanliness,
upkeep and organization of all program areas. This includes
assisting with clean-up following meals and snacks.
- Must complete all required trainings that may include: ODJFS
trainings, Step up to Quality trainings, or others assigned by your
supervisor. Staff are expected to be in attendance at all mandatory
- Play an active role in branch fundraising efforts including the
Annual Campaign, Special Events, and Grants/Foundations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engaging Community: Builds bridges with others in the community
to ensure the Y's work is community-focused and welcoming of all,
providing community benefit.
- Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents, and
takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity,
inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence.
- Collaboration: Creates sustainable relationships within the Y
and with other organizations in service to the community.
- Program/Project Management: Ensures program or project goals
are met and intended impact occurs.
- Emotional Maturity: Demonstrates ability to understand and
manage emotions effectively in all situations.
- Must qualify to be a Lead Teacher under the Step Up to Quality
program and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- Certifications in CPR, First Aid, Communicable Disease and
Child Abuse Prevention are required to be obtained within 90 days
- Must be able to provide a copy of High school diploma, a
completed medical form (JFS 01296) and undergo a BCI/FBI background
check prior to first day of work.
- Must be committed to YMCA mission, values and philanthropic
- Must have reliable transportation
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must
be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30
- Sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Indoor and outdoor work required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Akron Area YMCA, Cuyahoga Falls , Before After School Lead Teacher (RFT), Education / Teaching , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!