Company: Associated Materials
Location: Cuyahoga Falls
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Associated Materials, a federally designated essential business, is
the parent company for leading residential building product brands
such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a
legacy of over 70 years in business, we create, develop,
manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and
more throughout our network of North American company-owned
distributors.Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, Associated
Materials has over 4000 employees across its U.S. and Canadian
manufacturing footprint and our extensive North American
distribution center network (120+ locations!). We are a charter
member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of
Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the
National Association of the Remodeling Industry.This combination of
established brand recognition, manufacturing capacity and
distribution reach makes for an exciting and rewarding employment
value proposition. Join us, and discover the next step in your
Reporting to the Commodity Manager the Buyer role is designed for
the procurement professional with both the strategic vision to
implement broad organizational goals and change coupled with a
driving sense to optimize processes on a tactical level. Under
limited direction this position is responsible for targeting the
best total cost products and services in a specified commodity,
providing leadership in supplier management, the consolidation of
suppliers and processes, cultivating supplier relationships, issue
resolution and managing service level agreements for its' stake
- Effectively manage key suppliers via risk mitigation,
scorecards and KPI's.
- Secure quotes from qualified suppliers of assigned materials to
obtain most favorable total cost of product and services consistent
with quality and delivery requirements.
- Plan and negotiate long-term contracts with favorable impact on
inventory goals, quality and continuity of supply and corporate
- Limit company exposure to obsolescence.DAY-TO-DAY
- Qualify sources to support BOM of Manufactured Products,
non-inventory requirements and finished goods.
- Ensure all vendor PFEP's and vendor contacts are complete,
accurate and up to date.
- Expedite purchase orders in order to maintain material flow and
provide customer requests.
- Track and analyze vendor quality performance.
- Commodity tracking and analysis to meet strategic position of
- Maintain appropriate vendor files and reports as required.
- Work with Commodity Manager on new product development and cost
- Manage Engineering change notifications and requests.
- Negotiate and facilitate the return of rejected and obsolete
- Reconcile Accounts Payable discrepancies.
- Analyze suppliers for financial health and stability.
- Assist quality department in assessing the supplier's ability
to meet AMI's quality requirements.
- Select and maintain suppliers to support manufacturing and
corporate procurement requirements.
- Participates in any quality audits of assigned supplier and
maintains records, which will allow AMI to evaluate supplier
- Timely communication of commodities pricing trends and market
updates affecting supply.
- Work with Materials Management and manufacturing plants to
track supplier performance and share "best" purchasing
- Create total cost and "should" cost models and lead make/buy
- Back-up for Commodity Planner in assigned categories.KEY
- Commodity Planning
- Manufacturing Operations
- Product Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Purchasing/Supply Chain
Management, Finance or Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience in Procurement, Planning or
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be familiar with negotiations and constructing formal
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams in both plant
and corporate environments.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills is required.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Demonstrated abilities to implement process change improvements
and best practices.
- CPM or APICS a plus.#Indeed-Associated
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials,
Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept
unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with
any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any
unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be
considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge
whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority
to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding
recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at
associatedmaterials dot com
Keywords: Associated Materials, Cuyahoga Falls , Commodity Buyer, Accounting, Auditing , Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!